How to win.

This entry was posted in success. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to How to win.

1. Lucretiel says:

Love it, though I would have reversed “Not giving up” and “Strengh”

2. James says:

Just what I needed today. Thanks!

3. Another spot on observation, as usual!

4. two cents says:

Agree- Lucretiel’s suggestion is interesting. Also quite interesting to me is to connect How to win (today’s) with The Truth Hurts (May 19) with Aim for better than now (May 16) …

5. Stripe says:

I heard of a guy that survived the sinking of his boat by swimmimg a great distance (a couple of miles, I think) to shore. When someone asked how he was able to swim so far, he said, “I REALLY didn’t want to drown.”

Just keep going.

6. gwen says:

i think that you should have a third circle for “not giving up” and where the three of those connect should be “success!” :)

7. Guest says:

I agree with Lucretiel though I wonder what terminally ill people who want assisted suicide give up on.

• Ethan says:

They give up on the fight to live.

• Guest says:

they do give up on the ‘fight’ to live because without the hope to live, the fight appears useless, but what i was asking is how come other terminally ill people who do not want assisted suicide want to live …both groups are in the same situation, but one wants to live and another doesn’t … so something gives this second group strength to fight to live even if there is no hope to live … complicated i guess.

• Ethan says:

my friend recently passed away from pancreatic cancer. He fought it to the very end, despite the odds of survival.
          What kept him going, I think, was his joyful spirit, courage and love of life. Even without hope, he still had enormous strength and passion to live and be with those he loved. Some people, like him, have a will to live that’s stronger than any disease. Even if it’s terminal.

8. Stripe says:

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we do.” -Confucius

9. Dee says:

Love it….and I really agree with the 3rd circle (success) idea tossed out by gwen.

10. Daniela says:

Yow! Awesome. This one is going in the waiting room “FYI” three ring binder!

11. Pingback: Winning « From a Speck…

12. Cindy says:

You captured the essence of my 18 year old daughter. More than 40 surgical procedures, including a kidney transplant, yet she’s still smiling and full of joy and light! Thanks for sharing.

13. Pingback: Glad these exist: webcomics round « fran wilde