All Summer in a Day.

This entry was posted in sickness. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to All Summer in a Day.

1. Greg says:

Umm, this isn’t true. I take one vitamin D pill everyday, at maximum strength of 5000 iu, and I barely have any friends and almost never get invited to do anything.

• Chris says:

Placebo?

• Claira says:

It’s just a reflection on how much natural vitamin D your system gets in the summer if you go out often. The vitamin D is dependent on social isolation (or lack there of), not the other way around. I highly doubt it’s a personal attack.

• David says:

Ineffectiveness of vitamin supplements? Factors external to the study? Also, make sure to check your x- and y-axis labels and read accordingly.

2. Hugo Iwata says:

What about Chuck Noland?

3. Pingback: Tweets that mention All Summer in a Day. | Indexed -- Topsy.com

4. fireflight says:

Hey, Boo!

(from To Kill A Mockingbird)

5. Ward says:

This seems upside down and/or backwards to me…I equate vitamin D with being outside and social….hmmm…what don’t I get?

I’m not sure about this one. I tend to work in the afternoons and go out with friends at night. You don’t get much light in the Chicago winter unless you are out in the morning.

7. mike says:

Have none of the other commentors ever read or seen the film “All Summer in a Day” ?

8. Laura says:

Exactly, Mike. This is a direct reference to the short story by Ray Bradbury which has been widely anthologized. If you’re interested in reading it (it’s a great story!), click here: http://www.wssb.org/content/Classrooms/tate/content/freshman/All%20Summer%20In%20a%20Day/story.htm

Also you can view the film version (in 3 parts) on YouTube.

9. Pingback: All Summer in a Day. – http://thisisindexed.com/2011/01/all-summer-in-a-day/ « MS Tweets

10. Pingback: All Summer in a Day. – http://thisisindexed.com/2011/01/all-summer-in-a-day/ « TnB tweets