Bearded hippies.

This entry was posted in philosophy. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Bearded hippies.

1. Kalleguld says:

You left out RMS

• Jack says:

:-) took me a minute, and I’m a computer scientist, so I’ll add the spoiler: gnu’s Stallman. Great comment!

2. Craig says:

But why the H.? Seems gratuitous at least, or perhaps intentionally offensive.

3. Dave says:

Does voluntary vs involuntary fly right over your head? As a non-Christian, I nonetheless realize that Jesus never advocated forced sharing.

4. pureprimitive says:

Ya – I think it’s “Sharing is inevitable.”

5. Maurog says:

Neither did Marx, actually. Oh, those idealistic bearded hippies…

6. m says:

This is why I love the religious cards; they’re funny by themselves, but I get a double serving of humor by reading the comments.

7. Thomas says:

this is exactly what i’ve been telling people for years and years now…. and they glare at me for telling me jesus was a communist… which I never even said because *communism* did not exist before marx & co. penned the term

• johanges says:

Just like ALS didn’t exist before Lou Gehrig, right?

• drklassn says:

Well, the early Church (see Acts) was definitely communist (i.e. holding all things in common and controlling the distribution centrally) but I think if you really read the red words, Jesus was above economic/political models. He merely told people to LOVE everyone and then follow up with actions that flow from that love.

I would argue that if you really want to set up a government system, which we do need since there are over 6B of us, that was the most Christ-like, it would be socialist.

8. Jason says:

@Spud: Isn’t the H for “Hallowed?” You know, “Our Father, who art in heaven, Hollowed be thy name.”

9. David says:

Sounds like liberation theology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_theology
    Pope Paul II “affirmed that the principle of private property “must lead to a more just and equitable distribution of goods…and, if the common good demands it, there is no need to hesitate at expropriation, itself, done in the right way”.

10. Ethan says:

People, please. This is simply about beard sharing, a common practice during the times of Jesus and it regained popularity with Karl Marx. What you do is grow a beard and share your hip new style with others. When one person has a cool beard, they must share it with others. Beard sharing is bound to take off again, with Santa coming and all.

11. Ira Levin says:

“This Perfect Day” (1970).

12. Pingback: Bearded hippies. | Guy B. deBros