Where your head is.

This entry was posted in fashion, perception. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Where your head is.

1. Great hierarchy! Where do you think chef’s hats should be positioned?

2. António Mendes says:

@Designing in Surprise

If is to show your status, it would be Self-Esteem Needs, else Physiological Needs, i guess.

3. tiffanie says:

ha! that is the most meaningful hierarchy of needs i’ve ever seen.

4. bryce says:

I guess hats for bald dudes would fit under “physiological needs”, huh?

5. Zabulon says:

I think you need to draw a beret right on the tip.

6. Pingback: Under Your Cap « Odd Lots

7. Leigha says:

Wouldn’t a dunce cap be counter-productive for meeting self-esteem needs, though?

Otherwise, I found this very clever.

8. Stripe says:

To paraphrase Einstein, it’s not the Hat, but what’s underneath it, that counts.

Unbearably clever. Hats Off to you.

9. Jennifer says:

Well, I have a tiara and several velvet hats, so I guess we know where to peg me…

10. NoriMori says:

Lol! That’s excellent. Best indexed I’ve seen in a while.

11. Scott Asai says:

It almost seems like as we move up, we go from “needs” to “wants.”

12. Pingback: Acknowledgments » ha-ha (piramida lui maslow gandita in palarii)

13. David Ricks says:

Awesome. I am currently wearing a doo-rag, a football helmet, a cowboy hat, and a Santa stocking cap.

14. Harlee says:

Where would a top hat or fedora be located?

15. tushar says:

this is freaking brilliant. they should have taught maslow this way in school.

16. Dan Android says:

Love.
    Love.
    Love this Indexed.

17. Pingback: The Everywhereist » Blog Archive » The week in travel: Nov. 5, 2010

18. I’ve got a velvet hat. Either you love it or you hate it. My best friend thinks it disgusting. :D

19. DavoPavo says:

indeed, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs now makes sense. I’m sad that over half of the commenters don’t fully appreciate this particular post, and probably all of the non-commenters don’t.

KUDOS

20. Pingback: Stumbling Over Chaos :: The Return of Linkity!! Now with even more linkity!!

21. Tark bunch says:

I have several eclectic velvety fezzes. It is comforting that I am self actualizing and didn’t know it!

22. Kendra says:

bought 3 great hats from a leather tophat-wearing salesman during a trip to Australia – his tagline “A hat worn in confidence cannot be mocked!”

23. Austin Stein says:

OMG! This is AMAZING! I, my eccentric and velvety hats approve ;)

24. berry says:

I love hats but rarely wear them – what does that say?

25. Pingback: David White: Big understanding – The value of typologies of engagement « Doug Clow's Imaginatively-Titled Blog

26. Pingback: Shelly’s Podcast - » Death Rattle (Show #219)

27. caliatom says:

Hm…where would winter hats fit on this? I mean, I suppose whether they’d be physiological or safety hats depends on where you live and just how cold it is outside…