This outta be good.

This entry was posted in booze, family, friends. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to This outta be good.

1. Tessa says:

I wholeheartedly agree. :)

2. Kalleguld says:

I don’t know about that. I’d rather have my family being able to hold peace while being sober than while being drunk.

3. NoriMori says:

Don’t you mean “oughta”? XD

4. @Kalleguld: I don’t think the comic precludes your wish. I read into it that wine is the causal agent and therefore the ideal relationship between fighting and wine in a family is that as wine is served any fighting decreases, or, rather, that as wine is added to the family, there is no increase in fighting. So if there is no fighting in your family to begin with, then adding wine will be harmless.

But that last assertion is meaningless, as we all know, because the intersection of family and harmony and holiday is the empty set (a priori, if I’m not mistaken).

• NoriMori says:

“as wine is served any fighting decreases, or, rather, that as wine is added to the family, there is no increase in fighting. So if there is no fighting in your family to begin with, then adding wine will be harmless.”

How the heck do you figure that? The graph clearly shows that if the family starts out fighting, serving wine will decrease the fighting, and if the family starts out with no fighting, serving wine will increase the fighting.

• Kel says:

I do not think that the graph implies any sort of time line but is a commentary on different family dynamics. Personally, I think that the real issue is that a turkey only has two drumsticks.

5. tudza says:

I wonder if you can combine the two curves if you add another axis?

6. If the two cases are equally likely, this chart clearly establishes the existence an optimal amount of wine serving where the two lines intersect.

7. johanges says:

> “… optimal amount of wine serving where the two lines intersect.”

Aha! That would be the Schelling point of Thanksgiving! (Pass the gravy please.)

8. MizThang says:

Or… best/worst case of wine?

9. smb says:

Love this! My inlaws….. eek.

10. Trihan says:

This is actually slightly funnier if you consider the potential double meaning of “case” in the graph to be a case of wine.

11. EEKaWILL says:

Cant go wrong with a little grape juice!!

12. NoriMori says:

I didn’t say the graph implied a timeline. But it does show a clear relationship between wine served and amount of fighting. Family that doesn’t fight + more wine = more fighting. Family that fights + more wine = less fighting. My point is that Chris Perkins is wrong.

13. NoriMori says:

Oops…that comment was for someone else. -.-

14. NoriMori says:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS INTERNET???

15. johanges says:

This is not the Internet you are looking for.