Opposites react.

This entry was posted in politics. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Opposites react.

1. Hendrik says:

So how is this about ABBA?

2. Brad says:

I don’t think I understand this one at all.. Seems like A and B need some labels.

3. iHunger says:

Heaven for the Far Left is Hell for the Far Right and vice-versa?

4. Kayla says:

True that. I think this sums everything up rather well and points out the reason for the lack of bipartisanship in America.

5. Phil says:

A = Happy person.
    B = Unhappy person.

6. Kathy says:

I still don’t get it.
    So the far right is happy in hell?

7. DES says:

Didn’t Nietzsche cover this in the Genealogy of Morals?

8. msiner says:

No labels are needed. The trick is that A=A and B=B. Therefore “Far Left Heaven” = “Far Right Hell” and “Far Right Heaven” = “Far Left Hell”.

Also note that there is no center point because neither of the two pairs of opposites can intersect.

9. John Muir says:

This may work for America – which is always I assume the point – but in much of the world the far left and far right are actually very similar: A and B =1984 style total domination.

The fake distinction usually just boils down to whether they’re openly racist or not.

10. CJ says:

@JohnMuir, you’re a genius. Cynical as all get out, but genius nonetheless.

11. John says:

I view this as a partial explanation behind two things: religion and politics. Those in the Far Left have things that they define as (or move toward) ‘Heaven’ and ‘Hell’. Likewise, those in Far Right also have things that are ‘Heaven’ and ‘Hell’. However, the difference between the two is how they qualify things. For instance, I am horribly wrong to one group, but a saint on a crusade to another.

12. Stripe says:

And the little speck in the center: Peace on Earth

13. Christian H says:

Stripe, I think peace on earth is located somewhere in the upper section of “Heaven,” in the not politically-aligned space. That’s the part I like.

14. Mandaliet says:

I would love to live in the world Glenn Beck is afraid of.

15. Robert says:

@Mandaliet I’m basically non-ideological and pragamatic politically but that is a beautiful one-liner!

16. @Stripe: Brilliant.

I was kind of surprised that Jessica didn’t label the center point. I vote for your label.

17. Frances says:

Ah, the speck in the middle. John Lennon’s Imagine.

18. Stephen says:

@”Imagine”: utter oblivion is not a desirable state of existence.

19. Anon. says:

@Mandaliet: BRILLIANT! Because in “reality” (as opposed to in Beck’s head), that world would be awesome!

20. Pingback: Stumbling Over Chaos :: Each week, I’m convinced that I won’t have enough links to bother with linkity…

21. tarbouche says:

excellent…..would make a great t-shirt…mind if I steal it???

22. Vinnie says:

A = Gay marriage, free love, legalized divorce
    B = Flat tax, Neverending war, State-established religion

or, for the literary minded…

A = A Brave New World
    B = 1984

23. B says:

gay marriage is almost legal, free love is never free and almost never actually love (just sex and some STD’s) and divorce is legal…

meanwhile… Flat tax isn’t due to the graduated tax system that punishes everyone in the middle, war is never-ending due to the nature of argumentative human beings, and state established religion is constitutionally prohibited.

A=B=1984

this is why President Washington warned us away from political parties.

24. B says:

also the only thing preventing you from having sex is the fact you can’t keep a girlfriend long enough to get to that step in the relationship, so your stuck paying that nice lady on the corner…

25. Pingback: The Holy Grail Of Happiness - Stress Management