Boys do cry.

This entry was posted in perception. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Boys do cry.

1. Alex says:

Imagine if it were flipped.

Those who are strong and honest are also… vulnerable. Which is why most of us have a facade we wear daily. Or maybe it’s just me.

2. Ira M says:

Yes, but being strong and honest, thus vulnerable is critical to being open to new relationships, both professional and personal.

You have to open yourself up to getting hurt, since without risk, there is no reward. If you stay behind that facade, your social circles will be made up of people who only know the ‘protected you’, not the real you.

I always say it is better to be strong, open up to a stranger and let them prove to you they don’t deserve your trust and friendship. Otherwise you will waste time on those people. :) I’m a big boy I can handle being hurt now and again, it reminds me I’m still alive.

3. Phil M says:

This struck a very personal note for me… I don’t think anyone could have said it better.

I also like Alex’s idea. Thank you both.

4. fireflight says:

I saw this in a movie once… there was this guy, he was strong yet vulnerable. I think he died.

5. Drum D. says:

@fireflight: This made me chuckle :)

6. Rus says:

Yup – you got it…
    Short, concise, to the point
    I want my boys like this…
    ;-)
    Love them…

7. episte-you says:

“What women and psychologists call ‘dropping your armor,’ we call ‘bearing your throat.’”

8. doe says:

in some (rather intuitive) senses of ‘strong’ and ‘vulnerable’, the intersection of the two is an empty set.

9. Alexxa says:

♪♫”I would say I’m sorry, if I though that it would change your mind. But I know, that this time I’ve said too much, been too unkind… I try to laugh about it, cover it all up with lies. I try and laugh about it, hiding the tears in my eyes ’cause boys don’t cry…”♪♫

Wow, that’s stuck in my head now. Terrific. :/