Arrgh!

This entry was posted in pain, parties. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Arrgh!

1. random says:

ouch…..lawn darts=horse shoes? but then there would be bruises and concussions.

2. So true. Nearly 40 years ago, my parents were playing lawn darts with the real deal and likely a 12-pack, and my dad ended up with a lawn dart in the ankle. We laugh about it now, but there is a reason they don’t sell these things anymore!

I still have a set of the original lawn darts with the steel pointed tips.

4. Susan H. says:

I am printing this out to show my three boys. Not that I’d give them wine. They’d be more likely to try lawn darts while wearing an eye patch.

5. I laughed out loud at this one. LOVE IT! We used to have those giant heavy deadly ones, and our parents just LET US throw them around for fun. YIKES!

6. AWilliam says:

Awww… Lawn Darts! My grandparents had those, and we had so much fun! I suddenly have the urge to go make some!

7. Stripe says:

Ahh, Lawn Darts. Just another great tool for natural selection that has fallen victim to the vultures of litigation.

Incidentally, you can’t find a better drinking game than Pin the Tail on the Donkey with Lawn Darts.

8. Mel says:

Oh, lawn darts, how I miss you, as you sit somewhere in my parents basement, stored away in your exile.

9. Zvi says:

Correlation is, of course, not the same thing as causality. In some cases, the people drinking wine while playing lawn darts are simply a pirate crew. Arggh!

Then again, maybe you have discovered why it is that pirates tend to wear eye patches.

10. Dana says:

Reminds me of the one about the Pirate explaining how he got the pegleg, the hook, and the eye patch.

11. Jeff says:

I love lawn darts (jarts). I think it is crazy that you can go buy a gun in the US but not a lawn dart. It is banned for sale by law everywhere in the US.

12. Bob Taylor says:

Lawn darts and PBR( I guess PBR doesn’t date me too close?) would certainly not be a good mix. I’m suprised that instead of not selling them, that our hired hands in D.C. didn’t pass laws that helmets with safety glass shields, catchers chest protectors and goalkeepers leggings would be required. Oh yeah, they would have LDSA (lawn dart safety authority) inspectors to do lawn searches.