Pancakes from space.

This entry was posted in consumption, technology. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Pancakes from space.

1. morgan says:

I love eating breakfast out.

2. Robbie says:

Actually, ziploc bags were originally used as pencil bags; the design had nothing to do with NASA.

3. Rafi says:

Homer: Good! Listen: I’m sick of your boring space launches. Now
    I’m just an ordinary, blue-collar slob, but I know what I
    likes on TV.
    Scientist: How did you get this number?
    Homer: Shut up! And another thing: how come I can’t get no Tang
    ’round here?

4. tudza says:

Teflon is from DuPont, so far as I can tell it has nothing to do with NASA either. I don’t know for sure if the containers they eat out of in space use non-stick coatings, but I am pretty sure that they go for stick rather than non-stick by preference. Nothing worse that a gob of floating food in a control circuit. ( Well, okay, there’s fire and failed toilets. )

5. PKM says:

I think the idea was the use of technology in food- Teflon’s lack of friction, Tang’s… werd mix of chemicals etc.

6. Mmmmm…fried tang.

7. Chris says:

Both Tang and PTFE (commonly sold under the name Teflon) were under development before NASA was founded but their use by the space program catapulted them into the public consciousness.

8. bryce says:

two amazing inventions that have changed the world.

and the other just doesn’t make sense to me. why the hell do people drink tang?

secret aussie army recipe: take approximately 20 tablespoons of tang powder, place in one L of water, heat slowly till it all dissolves. Drink quickly then enjoy being awake the next 12 hours.

9. What? How could you forget Astroglide? (Ok, maybe not at breakfast, but still…)

10. Sunshine says:

And those super annoying anti-theft plastic containers no one can open without lots of pointy objects and several injuries. Did you know that those things can withstand nuclear explosions?

11. Paul says:

Teflon was actually developed for the Manhattan project, as a pipe thread sealant that wouldn’t react with uranium hexaflouride.