I don’t know if this will work.

This entry was posted in arrogance, expectations. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I don’t know if this will work.

1. Chaz says:

I don’t necessarily agree. I think some questions can thwart innovation; there are some, though, that are a necessary part of innovating, and some that spawn entire new branches of innovation — what if we did it like THIS instead?!

2. Rahul says:

I think its a ‘in your face’ apt commentary on bureaucracy.

3. vondel1117 says:

“That’s a fine idea, but did you fill out form number 57B? You’ll have to take it to the central office to have it processed. Then bring it back here.”

4. Will says:

I read it as double-edged for both bureaucracy and science. Both are tools for taming ideas.

Taming ideas by bureaucracy can undermine them, for better (“Is eugenics constitutional?”) or for worse (“But will an electric car sell?”).

Taming ideas by science can undermine them, for better (“Do we have empirical evidence for typical human religious beliefs?”) or for worse (“Do we have empirical evidence for typical human religious beliefs?”).

5. Bret says:

As a graphic designer, I live this hell regularly,… “What if we take the text from that logo and the symbol from that one and put them together instead?” (The answer is “Frankenlogo” by the way).

True story.
    Them – “You guys need to come up with some ideas!”
    Me – “OK”

Me – Them
    Idea 1 – ummm, no thanks
    Idea 2 – ummm, no thanks
    Idea 3 – ummm, no thanks
    …..
    Idea 50 – ummm, no thanks

Me – “I’m done”.

(I saw 3 of my ideas get used later with no credit to me)

7. Chaz says:

@Will: I officially nominate your comment on science for the internet ‘Examples of the Year’ award. Well played.

8. GMM says:

I felt the double edged sword and would propose an alternative. The intersection of Ideas and Questions Answered is Innovation. The intersection of Ideas and Questions Asked is Innovation Thwarted.

9. Pingback: Future Fundraising Now