Unstandardized.

This entry was posted in school. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Unstandardized.

1. Sasha says:

Ahh, but to have both occur at the same time is really something.

2. I like that you put “To” with the by students. Paying attention to your kids or students in your classroom can so often teach you more than you are teaching them.

3. Chaz says:

Every time I hear someone complaining about the state of our education system, I’m made to wonder if they’ve even tried to get their children to learn.

It’s a verb for a reason.

4. KA says:

Love it! I taught a group of very emotionally charged pre-algebra students today and I may have learned more than them being that my attention to them was a bit higher.

To the author: I would love to show my students some of your work. May I? And, if so, how would you like to be credited? It would be for purely non-profit educational purposes.

5. Seth says:

As an educator I agree with the concept. Just don’t forget, teachers aren’t the only ones who have to pay attention to them. ;)

6. Purple says:

Brilliant. As a student, I agree with both sentiments =)

7. katie says:

KA-my pre-algebra kids were studying venn diagrams today & I showed several of these to my students as the opener.
    I started with card 2160: Reading U Writing U Arithmetic = JOBS! “Teachers can save the economy!”
    Hope that’s okay, Jessica–posted the link in my presentation.

8. Andrew says:

Totally. I can’t tell you how much that encompasses so many of my bitchings.

9. Bob Killackey says:

Highlights the difference between teaching and learning. The focus is on the student (learning) vice the teacher (teaching). It also touches on the fact that school should be a place not only where academic learning takes place but social learning as well.