Tastes like exhaustion.

This entry was posted in expectations, stress. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Tastes like exhaustion.

1. Peter says:

Nevertheless, it still beats making your own lunch.

2. Ethan says:

All through highschool, I made my own sandwiches. And I made them, every day, with peanut butter and mustard. They actually tastes really good together!

3. Anne says:

Wait…you mean it was supposed to be peanut butter and something else?

4. Phil says:

Actually, this isn’t too far from my favorite sandwich:
    -Peanut butter on one side
    – Mayonnaise on the other
    – Thin-sliced pickle in between

Yum!

5. techno junkie says:

peanut butter and waffels are also good…heck, straight peanut butter is good.

6. Alexa says:

7. tudza says:

I purchased a small book with various peanut butter and … suggestions with Peanuts characters from the Scholastic Books program.

Peanut butter and ketchup
    Peanut butter and crab meat
    Peanut butter and banana

My current hits are:

and honey
    and marshmallow fluff
    and chocolate latte cream

My Dad used to do peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Never could get used to that.

9. Shannon says:

My great uncle used to tell me of when he used to mix peanut butter with… cake icing, I think. My mom used to call it “Yummy”. that’s what it’s written as in the family recipe book anyways.

10. Jacob says:

My brother, as well as one of my best friends use to always eat peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches. They are widely known in our area as “FlufferNutters”.

11. shinyhat says:

after hearing these suggestions, i may be hard pressed to eat peanut butter ever again. crab meat? ketchup? mayo & pickle?! seriously? eugh!

12. hisllama says:

I practically lived off peanut butter-marshmallow fluff sandwiches in elementary school. Those were the good days

13. Chaz says:

During elementary school, I often made my own lunch, which usually consisted of a carrot, raw, not peeled.

I sometimes ate peanut butter sandwiches with nothing else. Peanut butter and pickle is better than it sounds, though.

14. Hoodwinked says:

That sounds pretty good right now actually. Better than coffee me thinks

15. llewelly says:

I’m with Ethan here. Peanut butter and mustard go great together.
    If you can get it without sugar, peanut butter is also wonderful in curries, spaghetti, and salsa.

16. llewelly says:

It’s party-poopers like you that ruin things for everyone else by pretending that people shouldn’t put salt on ice cream, cream in orange juice, or brown sugar on bacon.
    Really, you should get off your high horse and try all these wonderful foods. You’ll be a happier, better person, and people might start to like you.

17. Brad4d says:

My dad never got me to try his peanut butter, mayo and banana sandwiches but I’m the dad now and I have similar tricks to get the kids to make their own lunches..

18. Peter says:

“Alexa Says:
    September 15th, 2009 at 11:50 am

Too bad our local schools ban peanut butter and nut products of all kinds. I’m partial to peanut butter and honey, myself.”

WTF????
    What kind of totalitarian state do you live in where schools can dictate what kids can or cannot have for lunch?

19. Jack says:

I ate peanut butter and mustard all the time as a child. Coarse grain French or German mustard works best.

20. Calli Arcale says:

Best thing of all — peanut butter toast dipped in orange juice. Ohhh, it’s heavenly!!!

21. Hokum says:

Peter Says:
    September 16th, 2009 at 4:32 am

WTF????

When a good percentage of the school population have mild to extreme levels of nut allergies.

22. bryce says:

hokum i second that.

the freedom to eat what you want is hardly comparable to the risk of someones well being, let alone their life!

23. You are missing the best peanut butter sandwich of all, smear some mayo on the bread, then cover one side with peanut butter, add lettuce & slices of onion, don’t make a face until you’ve tried it, they all work at cross purposes to get your taste buds attention, it’s great

24. acm says:

what I want to know is, what’s at the intersection of PB and mustard but *outside* of sandwich?!?!?!

25. xdg says:

Peanut butter and mustard actually sounds good. A light sauce on lamb in salad. Cranberries and some sort of nuts. . .