The gatekeeper requires bribes.

This entry was posted in arrogance, work. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The gatekeeper requires bribes.

1. Strayhiker says:

Also could be retitled as “Never, ever piss off the custodian”

X=0 Y=0 =C =me

3. Chaz says:

C, between A and B: A’s son who does no real work for the company.

4. Shell says:

Actually, I would disagree: C(the son or nephew of A) wouldn’t be between A and B, but instead be on the same verticle as A, next to the Y axis.

5. Chaz says:

Hm. Depends on whether son/nephew/nepotism-benefactor is getting a paycheck or not. If they are, it’s likely to be higher than A’s assistant’s.

6. fairy says:

the assistant level could not too low

7. Brian says:

The assistant’s power level should actually be higher than the boss’s. I’m serious. Organizationally, the person who controls access to power actually outranks the power-holder. It’s no good knowing the VP on a first-name basis if the assistant borks every attempt to get a meeting with her.

The water behind a dam is immensely powerful. But that power is only released upon the terms of the person operating the spillway.

8. Kelli says:

Hey Brian, let me know if you’re in need of an exec assistant – I’ve got 18 years of experience keeping back the corporate flood waters. Although, B will need to be more in line with A than graphed above… or international travel and the occassional tennis tournament box seats thrown my way. :)

9. Cat W. says:

I think B needs to be farther to the right. The assistant makes the exec’s schedule and actually has more power.

10. Kits says: