The start-up checklist.

This entry was posted in 5x7, work. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to The start-up checklist.

1. Chaz says:

Astute as always. My personal favorites are ‘Exhaustion’, ‘Loyalty’,'Gut-check’ and ‘Love’.

2. Mike Mol says:

That’s just awesome. At first, I wanted a T-shirt with the points and lines labeled directly, but then I noticed that if you read AA-FG in order, it tells a story.

Now I want a t-shirt with the labeled version on the front, and the full “story” on the back.

3. Peter says:

Humanity summarized. Very cool. Thanks.

How long do you work on one of these before it’s ready for the masses?

5. Mariah says:

Oh my goodness. This is great. Just curious, did this one take you longer than normal?

6. Pingback: blog.infochimps.org – Organizing Huge Information Sources

7. Phil says:

Wow — a masterpiece!

8. spiffy says:

All right, somebody has to call B.S. on this one. :-)

As profound as some of these may be, I find myself wondering if you simply plopped down the top 28 words from some motivational poster catalog?

I mean, come on, “passion + patience = chivalry”? Kinda stretching it a bit.

Still, fun.

9. Pablo says:

“passion + patience = chivalry” is great, in the romance context, of course.

The best post I’ve seen here.

10. Dee Wilcox says:

Wow, this is brilliant. I first thought of passion+patience=chivalry in the romantic context, but it works in other relational contexts as well.

I’m not sure about AD – hustle+humility=innovation. I think ABD is more complete. You need a problem to solve…

11. rounders says:

In a business context you could say passion + patience = ethics

12. katie says:

How about one with excuses? My college-aged son could probably do it for you!
    : (

13. Elliott says:

K_7, the graph theory geek in me likes it.

14. Eric says:

Jessica Hagy,
    Please marry me. Thanks.

15. Simply Awesome. currently undergoing most of these in some form.

Cheers Harpreet

16. M.X.F. says:

This is both brilliant and beautiful.

17. David says:

Jess, this one is definitely worth printing on a silk t-shirt. Good stuff.

18. DavoPavo says:

I’m too dumb to get any of the ones with “Hustle” in it, but i liked Gut-check, Chivalry, Charm and Hypothesizing pretty well

19. bryce says:

to be honest, i’m not a huge fan of these cards…

perhaps it’s because of my being a gen y, and preferring to be able to process things quickly.

I just don’t feel that these are as brilliant as some of jessica’s other works…

20. (x, why?) says:

I love it! 21 little Venn diagrams all in one.

And you have all of our DG for squeezing in the “r” rather than re-doing the entire card.

(“Typos” are such a pain.)

Now if I could only get some more “B” students …
    Keep up the good work.

21. Andy says:

wow.

seriously, I would buy the t-shirt now.
    thanks

22. LIz says:

This is really fascinating and thought provoking. Thank you!

23. Pingback: The Start-Up Checklist « Welcome to A Day In Tha Life Of…

24. Pingback: Niet nuttig, of wel? » Blog Archive » Maandag Startup

25. Chris says:

I think everyone knows spiffy is right, he/she just chose a poor example (it’s easily rationalized, by most people, in the romantic sense).

The connections evoke the same sort of vagueness that fortunes do, consequently allowing you to rationalize them by filling in your own perceptions of the terms based on personal life experiences.

With that said, it’s a very insightful exercise. The process shows you which emotions/actions are easily identifiable to you and as such play a bigger role in your life (for better or worse). For example, I have a hard time making sense of most of the connections involving node A. Tellingly, it so happens that I tend to take a casual approach to most things in life, leading to both better and worse consequences.

26. Pingback: The Startup Checklist [Humour + Intelligence + Truth] | random

27. Pingback: Start-Up Checklist « GlobeTripper

28. John says:

The most important thing here, is that his primary object was his hustle.

THAT makes this what it is. But you already knew that.

29. Pingback: he’s got life figured out « Megs

30. Ajno says:

Perfect and true. Wonderful. wow!

31. Pingback: When in need of some stimulating business visuals … |