Sometimes hard to read.

This entry was posted in experience. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Sometimes hard to read.

1. Tea says:

I should send this one to my Grandpa. He’s an avid reader (like me) and the person I go to when I need advice.

2. Pingback: Read between the lines. « Adam Joseph Drici

3. ISammael says:

I know it’s a generalization, but…

Half of you would reply with “Ayn Rand?”

The other half with “Dostoyevski?”

Another generalization… :)

4. Chaz says:

Since each of us defines “wisdom” and “great books” differently and independent of one another, this stands up pretty well; those which we’d consider books of wisdom may be what another considers trash, but that makes them no less valuable to those who agree with or adhere to the wisdom within.

Religious texts were my first thought.

5. drugserbad says:

Title should read: “Eye of the beholder”

6. tudza says:

Hmm, you got another graph that accounts for Stephen King books, which I like in general but are almost always too long, and JK Rowling books, which I think are just too long?

7. David says:

I dunno: the Ĺ’dipus plays are pretty short…

8. Dee Wilcox says:

Love this one! Have to agree with David, tho – some of the best written offerings of wisdom are pretty short (and thus more easily understood and applied), and I’ve met some incredibly wise individuals with very few lines marking their faces.

9. iratecat says:

eh, not necessarily. but then, what do i know – i’m just a young’un.

10. Chanda says:

Makes me feel a little better about all the wrinkles. Nah, not really.

11. Tran says:

Some of the most inspiring books I’ve read are children’s books.

The Giving Tree, and Le Petit Prince come to mind.

12. twilightsdawn says:

I think by ‘lines’, she means good or quotable lines, not just number of…

13. Gordy says: