Mmmm. Protein.

This entry was posted in consumption, sports. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Mmmm. Protein.

1. Janeiac says:

Ugh. So true. WHY do they congregate strictly on bike paths and roadways?!

2. Eww. I feel lie I need a rinse…

3. Kevin says:

So is this chart indicating that all gnats who are also cyclists wear glasses and carry floss on rides? I didn’t know they mades bicycles that small!

4. Charles says:

How can you tell when a cyclist is happy?

There are bugs in his teeth.

5. Stacy says:

@Kevin I came in here to ask the same thing.

6. Chris says:

Stacy, Kevin: It merely states that where cyclists and gnats meet, these are the precautions that must be taken. It does not do to look at a data set and assume that two factors involved are part of a whole. The two objects in this Venn diagram are separate. Venn diagrams do lend themselves to representing memetic ideas or groups of culture, which leads us to automatically assume that a Venn diagram is displaying overlapping features of a single entity, but that is not the case here.

7. Geraldine says:

And zip up your jersey!

8. CR says:

Also goes for sticking your head out the window of a moving car.

@Chris: Whoa.

9. HowardBollixter says:

Ptoo! Ptoo! Ptoo!

Hate that.

10. Amy says:

@Chris But gnats and cyclists are not data sets. They are attributes. Your diagram did not make it clear whether you were describing attributes of separate, or of like, entities. So @Kevin’s and @Stacy’s interpretations are valid–some would argue, more reasonable than the intended message– given the information provided in the diagram.

@chris – And here all I was concerned about was JH forgetting to put the letter ‘A’ in the union area. She ALWAYS put a letter in there. I’m concerned. (I said that already didn’t I)

12. It could always be worse says:

@Amy, Chris, Stacy, Kevin,
    Last time I checked this was a blog. A blog filled with humorous uses of graphs and venn diagrammes. Not a peer reviewed journal, not a textbook.

If you have that much difficulty understanding the humor in something that deviates so slightly from the conventions on the “proper use” of an often informal way of conveying information, you’ve probably got a long, proud career ahead of you as an uninspired number cruncher. The difference between a scientist and a technician is the ability to see things which differ from their expectations, and still understand them.

In other words,
    LOL :)

13. Isherwood says:

Agreed. LOL or get the frack out. :-)

14. Tullo says:

@ the people complaining aobut the complaints about proper use: You have to draw the line somewhere. If you’re going to the trouble of drawing a Venn diagram, at least get it right.

15. PKM says:

Also, if you’re wearing a shirt with pockets, close them. That smug feeling you get for remembering your cycling sunglasses kind of dissolves when you get home and realise there is about a teaspoonful of dead gnats in your shirt pocket.

And why has no-one invented some kind of cycling snorkel so I can at least breathe without fear of inhaling insects every time I ride by the river?

16. KaGe says:

@ All the intellectuals…funny…I took all those comments to be intelligently sarcastic…

17. Amy says:

@ KaGe,

No! I am not intelligent nor sarcastic. I am an uninspired number cruncher and that Venn diagram is not used in the way I expect it to convey information about gnats intersecting with my teeth! I will get the frack out now.

18. kiwano says:

Clearly the cyclists in question aren’t long-haul touring cyclists, because we delight in all the free food that nature just throws right into our mouths.

19. Mark says:

Living next to a river makes it worse…I’ve wiped out after hitting one of those gnat swarms :P You also learn to ride one-handed over the bridges and cover your mouth to breathe.

20. tanuki says:

Gee, I would have to say that any personage attempting to molest Jessica’s Zen of Venn, may have to suffer multiple plagues from the Tanuki. I believe I’ll just start out with some reeely intrusive gnat swarms, and to make it more interesting, these swarms will be focused on entrances other than your mouth.

21. Pingback: Triathlete Woe #1: Stop Bugging Me | MediocreAthlete.com

22. hern says:

this diagram rings so truly…