Try not to think about it.

This entry was posted in expectations. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Try not to think about it.

1. Kieran says:

Laf.

I think class is overrated. Wine should be right down there with chaw.

3. Cheong says:

@mike: Seconded.

4. Isherwood says:

LOL @ Mike. Yup. And I’m a wine drinker.

5. strayhiker says:

Oregon Pinot Noir and Beech Nut Wintergreen (long leaf) are my two favs. Where does that leave me?

6. Stripe says:

The tobacco and wine people have nothing on the folks gathered around the spitoon at the local clam chowder cook-off (Napkin, please).

I have had some wine that seemed comparable in palatability to a brown fluid spat from from the masticating jowls of some tobacco-adddled major-league pitcher…

But surely it takes a certain degree of refinement to define the subtler nuances of flavor contained in a can of chew. Enter the tobacco pitchmen:
    “…forward flavors of rubber tire and tooth decay are washed over by more delicate hints of ripe compost and a light, almost insecticidal perfume, giving way finally to dark undertones of liquid rot…”

Oh, Yummy!

7. Jamie says:

And yet I still can’t decide which culture is more annoying.

8. harshit says:

wine suits me….

9. Robinn says:

You left out the men spitting in public areas simply because they can. It is so GROSS!! Well-educated men don’t seem to do it – never saw spit marks outside of buildings working with engineers.

10. qka says:

A friend had a sweatshirt with the following:

“If you don’t blow smoke on me, I won’t spit tobacco juice on you.”

I have to say that chewing is less disgusting than smoking. Chewers can attempt to be discreet, smokers can’t.

11. funny as…..spitting out wine! lol

12. CityGirl says:

Spit out the wine?!

I don’t care what those wine snobs say.
    That’s crazy talk.