Good luck, journalism.

This entry was posted in communication. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Good luck, journalism.

1. Isherwood says:

Ain’t that the truth. Many things about society irk me, but unfounded internet “information” is near the top of the list.

Talk about confirmation bias.

2. pi3832 says:

American’s also appear to have completely forgotten how to judge the quality of sources. All opinions are equal, so a housewive’s opinion on what causes Autism is given equal time with the opinions of doctors and scientists.

For some strange reason, experts aren’t to be trusted–they are all “in on it”. Whatever “it” may be.

People seem to confuse skepticism with populism.

3. Stripe says:

Tough Times… hard to know what to Believe, who to Trust or how to Act.

But on the bright side, there are some wonderful New Opportunities for upstart Prophets, Cult Leader wannabees and such.

Not that I would know much about that sort of thing…

4. John says:

@ pi3832

Don’t forget about all those partisan-whoring pundits who apparently know more about how to run the country than the politicians do…but only when the other side is in control, of course.

5. Jamie says:

Times are good for loud-mouthed idiots with delusional opinions.

Ditto Jamie.

7. Stripe says:

“Accepting others as they are is a small price to pay in return for being accepted for who you are.”

-Stripe, “The Fine Print”

Yes, I’ve quoted myself (hallmark of delusion).

But you might drop by my site and check out The Fine Print; I believe it to be germane.

And remember, kids: Good Manners never go out of style!

8. I think religion should go in the lower left.

9. Alyx says:

@ pi3832

How can you say an entire country doesn’t know how to evaluate sources? There are normal people here. And it’s not like we aren’t capable of producing scientific and technological advances.

10. brad says:

I think it’s more good luck v. journalism. Not good luck and goodbye journalism. It does look like independent research and informed decisions pay off. I do wonder what the dot would be in the lower left — blind faith? naivete?

11. Pingback: Isn't it more what life is? | Patrick Cooper: Greetings from Evanston, Ill.

12. don says:

All the experts and pundits are WRONG!

We have as much truth in us as the so called experts. It would take me 3 days to give examples of how wrong all the “sources” are that in reality are fronts for the big PR machine.

Having said that however, don’t ever forget, Stocks are your best long term investment, house prices never do down and Republicans are for smaller government and free markets. LMAO.

don
    thelittleguylobby.org

13. Pingback: “Anti-social” Journalists on Social Media? « digital CONSORTIUM

14. Dharmamama says:

I think lower left would be “a secret”.

15. Pingback: Il futuro del giornalismo on line รจ freemium? « Il Giornalaio

16. B0Boman says:

I’d go with “mystery” on the lower left. Sort of the opposite of “discovery” when you think about the fundamental mysteries and discoveries of the universe.