It does the opposite of what you installed it to do, jerk.

This entry was posted in arrogance, patience. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to It does the opposite of what you installed it to do, jerk.

1. Isherwood says:

Are you suggesting that thieves target cars with unattended alarms sounding? Interesting.

2. Stripe says:

If a Nasty Note doesn’t cut the mustard, see: “Noise” with Tim Robbins for other ideas…

You might try replacing the note with a large “FREE” sign.

3. I think I get it, but it’s not exactly like people really install car alarms these days. They usually come in cars and are indeed quite annoying to the owner and other people. Mine has a shake sensor that goes off for very few good reasons, but I’d have to figure out how to get my whole dashboard out to get to the sensitivity dial, for instance.

4. Chaz says:

There’s nothing more useless than a car alarm, these days. Do people even check to see if it’s their car going off anymore, or if there was a reason for it?

On that note, so glad that my car’s alarm has never triggered on its own. We’ve used the panic button to spook would-be thieves, though.

5. Ernie says:

Drat! And here I installed my car alarm to prevent people from leaving notes on my windshield! I’ve been foiled again by the man at Radio Shack. One day I will thwart his evil buggery and exact my revenge, perhaps by selling him my Tucson timeshare. But I digress. At any rate, thank you Jessica for the clever slap in the face to help me realize the error of my ways. I’ll quickly get to removing my car alarm and hopefully the scourge of note-leavers will end.

6. Anthony says:

You need to see a movie called “Noise.”

7. What Anthony says … “Noise” starring Tim Robbins. You will forever smirk and have devious thoughts of destruction upon hearing evil car alarms.

8. Grant says:

My apartment overlooks a fairly major road that, around two blocks away from me, has an entrance ramp to the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway. People park on this road. Every time a truck drives by and bottoms out a bit (crappy Brooklyn road, you see), i get assaulted with car alarms.

I need to move.

9. rfall says:

I don’t remember who did it–it may have been on SNL–but there was a great skit several years back about what would happen if, instead of car alarms setting off the car’s horn, they sent a signal to a keychain fob which shocked the owner.

Middle of a conversation at a party, the owner starts getting “beepilepsy”, and ends up writhing in pain on the floor–hilarious.