What’s with the umbrella on such a nice day?

This entry was posted in experience. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to What’s with the umbrella on such a nice day?

1. Jen Shizuka says:

Overtly true in the “bombs away” sense, but also true in a more subtle way since pigeons and besuited executives are both are more numerous in cities. Nice one.

2. chris mcdonald says:

the curve should be the other way around…. there’s a point, one poo or two on your shoulder doesn’t matter anymore in a given day…

i hate them!!!!

3. Meghan says:

sadly, this is so true.

since moving into the city a year and a half ago, i have gotten pooed on twice.
    the eighteen+ years in the suburbs? not once.

stupid effing birds…

4. Josh says:

I think Chris is right. It probably should be a logistic curve.

5. Thomas says:

There’s a low level electrical current running through the metal of the statue that shocks any birds that try to land on it.

6. Peter says:

“There is a statue of Winston Churchill in London on which rock doves will not perch.

There‚Äôs a low level electrical current running through the metal of the statue that shocks any birds that try to land on it.”

The obvious solution: Electrify all rooftops!

7. chris mcdonald says:

… and electrify our toupee!

That’s why God made wash and wear.

9. Melody Clark says:

That is hilarious! I used to wear my hood walking in Pioneer Square!

10. Dennis says:

I had the satisfaction of witnessing a Red Tail Hawk take a pigeon in downtown Boston once. Stooped down through a flock, puff of feathers, *whap*, and a happy hawk flaps away under load.

Dennis

11. GRS says:

Meghan: I think they just like you more thatm the rest of us :)
    I’ve lived in cities > 25 years and only once got pooped on by a seagull at the water’s edge – never by a pigeon.

12. Pat says:

It happened to me (on my head no less) once when I lived in a small town…so it does happen in suburbs unfortunately…

13. There’s a pair of Peregrine Falcons here in Baltimore that does its best to cull the pigeon poopulation!
    They’ve been here a few decades through several generations. See http://w w w.fws.gov/chesapeakebay/Peregr.htm

14. Kyle says:

Oh, Jessica, did something terrible happen to you?

(By the way, your website was featured by the Lawrence University’s Great Midwest Trivia Contest. It’s a 50-hour trivia competition sponsored by WLFM, Lawrence University’s on-line radio station, that we, the Bank of Kaukauna (Google us) won again this year, just in case you were wondering why there was a spike in your hits last weekend.)

Kyle Kaiser
    arbitraryandfanciful.wordpress.com

15. willie says:

Have I mentioned how much I used to enjoy running over pidgeons?

16. Pingback: Great Site: Think Rationally Without Math : well, if you ask me …