There’s another one! Smash it!

This entry was posted in patience, pop culture. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to There’s another one! Smash it!

1. Kieran says:

Ha ha ha, it took me a second to gather what you meant by “pop-unders.” Brilliant!

2. John Hop says:

I was not aware that netflix awarded prizes, nor that they had anything to do with either the drink or action of pop…. or whac-a-mole.

I don’t get it.

3. Alafolie says:

Yeah, this one’s pretty crap alright. Bit of a stretch

4. poorsod says:

i got this one straight away, i think it’s pretty smart.
    but maybe it’s me who operates on a lower intellectual level to everyone else?

5. mbs says:

My only complaint is that whack-a-mole should be an absolute subset of “no prize awarded”

6. Stephen Maxwell says:

To those who don’t get it:

A “pop-under” is an ad, on your computer, like a pop-up ad except that it opens up _underneath_ your existing browser window. This is a joke about online ads, Netflix being an example of a company that uses plenty of online ads. You’re playing “whac-a-mole” because you have to keep hitting the x’s as the ads appear.

7. hartofak says:

Since I already have Netflix, and a Roku, I find the incessant popunders particularly annoying. They had me at “No late fees.”

8. Amy says:

As someone who has both won a prize at whack-a-mole and been ripped off by it, I find this hysterically accurate. When I find that Netflix pop-under, it’s as if I can’t “whack” it fast enough.

9. MarkH says:

I didn’t get this because, apparently, my pop-up-blocker works.

10. Bret says:

Look! It says Whack-a-mole! Let’s go animal rights folks!

11. Ernie says:

Right, so I understand whack-a-mole and no-prize, but what does Netflix have to do with old machines?

12. Jess says:

Old machines because old computers have more trouble with blocking ads.