Wishing you some with sprinkles.

This entry was posted in faith, parties. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Wishing you some with sprinkles.

1. Mario says:

Merry Christmas to everyone, no matter who you are.

2. Ethan says:

Since the solstice is on the 23rd, isn’t the union of solstice and Christmas an empty set?

Pettiness aside, have a great Hanukkah!

3. schism says:

Clearly, “yay, cookies!” is as festive and inclusive a holiday greeting as can possibly exist…and it would still piss off O’Reilly.

4. elaine says:

Yeah…as schism notes, the war on Christmas begins with the reduction of our most holy day to cookies.

Of course, if they have sprinkles, that changes EVERYTHING.

5. Jameson says:

two years in a row now, it turns out my town is the main battlefront in said war, taken hostage by liberal progressives. but o’reilly came and saved christmas. well, according to him anyway.

6. and the hot cocoa! Happy Holidays!

7. Ditocoaf says:

Nobody is fighting a war on Christmas. Nobody is stopping you from celebrating the holiday. If I say “happy holidays” to you, I am not attacking Christmas, I am merely giving a generic greeting because I do not know whether you celebrate Christmas, but most people celebrate _some_ holiday around this time. If you take this to be an attack on your religion, you should re-evaluate your worldview.

Maybe government-funded nativity scenes are no longer the norm. Put up your own in your own yard, you’re the christian.

On the other hand, christmas trees and red-and-green color decorations do not have a religious bent. Some people need to realize that the secular holiday of christmas and the religious holiday of christmas are becoming more and more separate things. My family isn’t religious, and neither do we spend money on random crap, but we still get together with a lot of family, friends, and food, and celebrate the good parts of life.

8. Miriam says:

The best holidays are always about the cookies!

9. Big Scott says:

Well said, Ditocoaf.

There are plenty of us that are not Christians, have no desire to convert, and have no anger towards Christians as a whole.

The problem comes in when anyone who celebrates a holiday that is far older than their version of things gets attacked for not agreeing with them.

You want your religious holiday, great! I say go at it, have it, and many blessings upon you. But don’t force me to indulge you unless you’re ready for a serious discussion involving topics that will likely lead to hard feelings.

10. Jameson says:

dittocoaf, if you were aiming at me, i agree. my post was semi-sarcastic – o’reilly did say tht about my town though. twice. heh.

11. regis says:

i totally disagree with this diagram.

isn’t YAY, COOKIES! the *union* of those three circles rather than the intersection?

yay! cookies!

12. bewildered says:

What? There’s a war on cookies? What does that commie O’Reilly have against cookies?

13. Pingback: המרסס

14. Jamie says:

I learned this weekend from a friend that a fourth element could be included here: Buying pot in the park.

Happy solstice!

15. Itai says:

Actually, Hanukka is more like “Yay, jelly doughnuts!”
    Or, for some, “Oh, no, jelly doughnuts – there goes my figure… again…”

BTW – for anyone interested, translation of the Hebrew reply above: “that we are at the last day of Hanukka. True that some of us have already gone back to work (poor things!) but at least”

16. Pancakeism says:

Interesting! Happy New Year.

I’ve added you in my following list ;-)

17. Pingback: Wishing You Some with Sprinkles « From My Heart, Out Of My Mind

18. Pingback: gravity’s rainbow » What I’ve Noticed

19. Pingback: how to cook with oven | How to cook with mircrowave oven

20. T says:

Great comic! I’m going to have to show this to some friends, since cookies are a great part of the holidays.

Also, I say Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone. I switch between the two — if I *know* someone celebrates Christmas, I’ll wish them a Merry Christmas. If not, I’ll go for a general well-wishing. It’s really not a bother to me.

I mean, people are still upset that the Skydome was renamed The Rogers Centre. -shrug-

“What does that commie O’Reilly have against cookies?”

…Billy O’Reilly is a communist now?

That does not even make sense.

21. Katja says: