Maybe not in China.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Maybe not in China.

1. Neo says:

Being a native Chinese and have experienced the smog first hand…Love the title! HA!

The self fulfilling prophecy of catch22.

3. Kevin says:

So true. Sooo true.

4. bigjohn756 says:

Definitely not in China! If the Chinese were reluctant to ride bikes in smog they would never go anywhere. Even walking down the streets is difficult because of the smoking vehicles and the many coal-fired cookers of the street vendors.

5. iratecat says:

speaking as a person who rides bikes and buses everywhere – hills are EVIL.

6. richard says:

I think China like all cancer suffers, just let them smoke themselves to death. They know whats good for them, they know whats bad for them, but they just keep doing it! Good luck to all who live there.

7. lou says:

“hills are EVIL.”

True that – I’d take my bike EVERYWHERE if it wasn’t for the energy required to go up damn hills

8. Addis says:

… or in Mexico City

9. Mandaliet says:

How about reluctance to walk? I seem to be the only person who walks places.

10. Luciano says:

The Best Blog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. John Laidlaw says:

“Hills are Evil” – well, the jury’s still out on that one. They exist, and we have little choice but to live with them. However, I dislike climbing a hill, just to go down the other side, and do it again – all for the sake of a straight road.
    If I cna get away with climbing the hill once, I’ll accept a slight addition ot the climb, or a longe route. If I can avoid the hill completely, that justifies at least 15% increase in distance – perhaps even 30%, depending on the route.
    One way to beat smog is to go for routes that are just off the main streets – reasonably direct, but largely traffic-free. There will be a back-ground layer of smog, but one cna avoid breathing the fresh additions to the mess.

12. Jason says:

This is the best one I’ve ever seen. 10/10.

13. Lauren says:

I actually prefer walking to riding a bike. But then again, I live on campus, and it seems like everything is uphill at FSU. No matter which way your going =). It’s just easier at that point to walk everywhere.

Though after living on campus for a while, I seem to walk more at home too.

14. blah says:

Hills are great. You get a great work out going up and have fun going down. What more would you want?

15. James says:

I live in Tianjin, PRC.

We have days of smog, and clear days when the wind comes from the East.

Whether we have smog or not, it’s MUCH faster to ride a bike during rush-hour than it is to take a taxi or ride the bus.

For a 10 kilometer trip, depending on the destination, it begins to be a toss-up which is faster.

(The subway is still being built, but along the existing route it is the fastest transport.)

16. Starcasm says:

I am forever caught in this vicious, vicious circle.