Not nice outside.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Not nice outside.

1. Anonymous says:

Brilliant comic! Just discovered it from xkcd… love it! Enroute to Amazon to buy :)

2. Anonymous says:

I wonder if this trend might share a causal relationship with the percentage of body surface covered by clothing. I believe this is normally negatively correlated with temperature and that catcalls generally increase with decreased covering. Alternatively, a simple increase in the number of people outdoors, particularly construction workers, could be responsible.

In any event, I really enjoy your blog and I appreciate your observations in matters which I had not previously considered. Thanks a bunch!

3. Anonymous says:

Oh, hell, yes. Disgusting. Heaven forbid anyone dress comfortably, or as they want to!

4. Wayne says:

Shouldn’t the y axis be something like “temperature discomfort” to include the cat not coming whether the thermometer is too cold or too hot?

5. Oskar says:

I sincerely apologize on behalf of my entire sex. Most of us are really nice and behaved, but the jackasses tend to stand out. They’re morons.

• Nikki says:

That’s all well and good, but don’t just apologize. If you see it happening, do something about it. Tell the guy that he’s an embarrassment to men like you, stand up for women, hit him if need be.

6. Gebäudeversicherung says:

7. a little prudish, but that's a good thing says:

Oskar,

On behalf of women who appreciate your apology, I accept (and appreciate) your apology.

My observation: just because it is visible doesn’t mean it needs to be commented on, but OTOH just because you have it doesn’t mean it needs to be exposed outside of the privacy of your home. Leaving something to the imagination is not a bad thing!

(donning asbestos underwear, and no, you may not see them)

8. cuileann says:

Ha! That’s brilliant, and it makes me feel better. I’ve been extremely wrathful about street bastards lately.

9. rentenversicherung vergleich says:

10. Jenn says:

omg. love this one!

Have you been to Italy? It must be close to hell.

11. Mjameson says:

As a male who does not catcall, I second Oskar’s apology on behalf of our sex.

12. Erika says:

It’s definitely the increased number of people on the street. I now live in a city where catcalling is very rare. (But I used to live in New York, which was Hell. Seriously, New York men, grow up.) While catcalling is rare, good weather definitely brings out the creepy, scurrilous types. It’s bizarre to feel less comfortable on the street on days when the sun sets at 9pm than when it’s pitch black at 5pm.

13. laura says:

Also proportional to men in work-boots.

14. B.BarNavi says: