Jesus is rolling over in his grave.

at least it wasn't parked in a handicapped spot.

This entry was posted in consumption, faith, inequality. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Jesus is rolling over in his grave.

1. Hauke says:

Yes, according to the Bible Jesus was socialist, if not communist. I am always amused when some people combine christian and capitalist ideology. It doesn’t work.

• fireflight says:

“For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away.”
      Doesn’t sound very communist to me… just sayin’.

• adrian says:

You obviously didn’t read the scripture, otherwise, you would know that this quote is taken out of context from His entire dialogue.

• fireflight says:

Guess again! I memorized that chapter when I was 8. :)

• GE says:

Excellent, then – so, of course, you’re fully aware that the particular chapter you quoted from that book of fiction consists of two awkward metaphors and a preachy flash-forward. And that the stuff “given” and “taken” has something more to do with faith and love and all that spiritual mumbo-jumbo, rather than the material things you’re implying.

I don’t dig it when certain religious folks quote-mine to serve their purposes. I’m actually even less of a fan when certain non-religious folks quote-mine to show the religious folks up. There’s so much in that strange book that really does make its recommended standards and practices look absurd and hypocritical – the vast majority of the text, in fact – so no need to be “sneaky” to come up with some solid evidence on that score.

2. Evan says:

He’s definitely not in a grave. He has risen from the dead.

3. Stripe says:

It’s been well established that the Big Jeez wasn’t good with money. Sure, Jesus Saves… but Moses invests!

4. Craig L says:

…and it’s the fact that He is NOT in His grave that gives Christians the confidence to pull $#!# like this. (That and, “if I’m going to sin, I don’t want others to share in the sin, so I won’t do any sins anyone else will enjoy, just the kind that make others miserable!”)

5. Lex says:

The only thing that tops this is the bumper sticker I saw on a Ferrari in the hospital parking lot the day my son was born: “Don’t let the car fool you. My real treasure is in heaven.” Uh-huh.