Be nice to the warden.

This entry was posted in work. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Be nice to the warden.

1. Hmm says:

I don’t get it. These two scenarios are indeed what would happen, but what’s the joke?

• Westicle says:

Well not all of these are really “jokes”, they’re just ways of pointing out the truth behind different human situations. Sometimes funny, not always. Usually insightful .

• Leonard says:

What the other guy said as well as this: Read the two axises together. “Time off (for) Good Behavior” Hence the title.

2. dima says:

I am going to try it on my boss

3. Cat's Meow says:

Couldn’t it be a prison thing too? With good behavior, one could be eligible for parole. Though I’m not sure about the whole thing, so I’m not 100% on this.

4. David says:

The phrase “Time off for good behavior” is definitely a reference to prison, as is the title of the comic. However, the joke is that the two are not so closely linked in the non-prison world.

5. Jamie says:

You forgot getting out of prison and escape from prison (and family reunions)

6. Pingback: How to Title a Blog Post – Scott's Morning Brew

7. Tres says:

I believe the joke is that work and prison are eerily similar. Locked in a box and “rewarded” for walking the line.

8. reid says:

I wish it were that simple. I put in lots of hours, and do great work, but my boss flat-out told me that I wasn’t getting promoted in the coming year, and it will be my fourth year here. The truth all too often is that when you put your nose to the grindstone… you just lose your nose.