Sink, swim, or float along.

This entry was posted in perception. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Sink, swim, or float along.

1. Karen says:

Most people are happy? Really? That is news to me.

2. fireflight says:

“All I want is the chance to prove that money can’t make me happy.”

3. Ditto that, fireflight!

4. Keith says:

Really?
    I still have to stick with Thoreau on this one.

“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation.”

And of course, I should think it applies just as much to women.

5. Phil says:

Who’s rich? I’m 125,000 in debt… stupid mortgage. I guess I’m poor and apathetic?

6. Dips says:

Scrooge is happy?

7. Opinions are good! You get to see different views of people. My opinion is that I think you can be happy with money or not depending on how you approach it. I don’t think having money is bad, since you can do some good with it.

On the other hand, I think money can be a distraction to happiness, either striving to make ends meet or using it to fulfill the void.

I say be happy either way. Money is still a necessity to sustain yourself and your family.

8. By the way, nothing wrong with being Scrooge McDuck!

9. Bob B says:

“The man who is happy is not he who is believed to be so but he who believes he is so.” •Michel De Montaigne

10. Zvi says:

2B or not 2B. That is the question.

11. Joe says:

I w/ other commenters. Most people are not happy.

12. Sketchy says:

Zvi, I think you hit it on the head. Most people want “to be” happy more than rich.