Nothing better to do.

This entry was posted in arrogance, expectations, finances, work. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Nothing better to do.

1. Brandon says:

Nice one.

The curve also applies if the abscissa is changed to ‘Amount in Savings’.

2. Richard Fritzson says:

I’m having trouble reading this one.

It appears to say that your time unemployed (Time without employment) goes UP (to the right) as the jobs that seem beneath you goes DOWN.

Isn’t the correlation direct? (i.e. the more job snobby your are, the more unemployed you are) Shouldn’t the line go up and to the right?

3. Which is why I wash cars for a living

4. Rick says:

It’s the other way around, the longer you are unemployed the less jobs are beneath you. The value on the y-axis relative to the value on the x-axis.

5. gwjunkie says:

@Richard: The X axis (unemployment) traditionally is the causation on a graph while the Y axis (jobs below you) is the value affected by X.
    e.g. The more time you go without employment, the less jobs seem beneath you. Because obviously, you’re not making any money unless you have a job.

Nice one, Jessica

6. AGeekStory says:

A lot of people have discovered this in the last few months, I’m sure.

7. Trude says:

I know from personal experience that this is soooo true. Good one!

8. spuge says:

Having trouble telling abscissa from ordinate? When you say “abscissa” your mouth opens sideways. When you say “ordinate” your mouth opens up and down. Go ahead, try it, no one’s looking.

9. Rolland says:

Spuge,

Funnny. I was doing it when you said no one was looking. Funny.

10. FTBC says:

Also known as “Hey, McDonald’s is hiring,” which is something I regularly tell a certain habitually unemployed family member who feels entitled to a “good” job.

11. Kae says:

This graph represents the reason I have an interview at Sears in the morning and why I have my fingers crossed.

12. Phil says:

I went from a high level development position at a major firm developing high profile web 2.0 apps to being a janitor…seriously, I scrub poo now instead of debugging.

13. Sarah says:

I’ll second that emotion.

14. Pingback: Resignation and Sleeves up! Time for some Serius Business Development. « Quantum Thoughts

15. Joe says:

Sigh. Spot on. I just applied for a marketing position at Walmart

16. Casey says:

I’m with Joe only I’ve just been working with Walmart indirectly, so I’ve got that going for me.

17. daysocks says:

It’s true, after 6 months I went for a McJob.

18. Paul Pavao says:

I was referred here from http://www.rat-race-escape-artists. Thanks to Bolaji for referring me. These index cards are brilliant!

I run a warehouse, and it’s amazing how many former employees who thought warehouse work was too boring don’t seem to mind it anymore!

19. Ellen says:

Heh.
    Cartoon is as timely for me as for the rest of you, apparently–my boyfriend accepted a job at Safeway yesterday, which he wouldn’t have even applied for a year ago.

I still love him, even though he asked me not to go shopping there when he’s on duty ;)

20. Maria says:

21. Chris says:

@rick: I’mot sure the line is right either. Doesn’t it start of high (plateau) and then dip rapidly after a certain period of unemployment. It could also then rise after that which would accommodate your theory.