How many syllables are in the Iraq?

This entry was posted in communication. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to How many syllables are in the Iraq?

1. Strayhiker says:

New point D at bottom left = low pronounce and low said; = Former Pres. Bush

2. jrm says:

ahah you’re mean

3. Edgar Frosch says:

Did you mean Miss Teen South Carolina?

4. Arturo says:

Did I miss a news story? Please link.

5. I am Jack's username says:

Google brings up http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2009/04/20/miss-california-sparks-outrage-over-gay-marriage-remarks/ “Miss California sparks outrage over gay marriage remarks”. The Miss teen South Carolina quote at the bottom is priceless – she should see some of our maps with south at the top: http://www.odt.org/Pictures/sideb.jpg

6. Mary Treseler says:

You are a funny chic, how did I get by on a daily basis before finding your site?!

7. Sideshow says:

X axis should reflect right of center

8. angela says:

South Carolina!! Not California. :(

9. Mister E says:

South Carolina is so last year, people. Get with the times.

10. kontributor says:

A dot in the top right would be liberal politicians, but it still wouldn’t mean they had anything good to say. They just sound good saying a lot of nothing.

11. Bones says:

Your blog’s fun! I included you in my BlogDay’s post.

12. WC says:

Really? The girl said she didn’t agree with same sex marriages broadly on religious grounds. While I don’t agree with her should we really be demonising her because of her beliefs, which although we don’t like them are held by a significant to majority section of the population? Let’s have freedom of speech for all parties and convince her through discussion instead of making her a pariah for others who share the view.

13. FTBC says:

@WC: I agree wholeheartedly. I’m tired of hearing the same groups who get up in arms about civil liberties turn around and berate people for daring to have any opinion other than the approved message.

14. bj says:

Agree with WC and FTBC, completely. I think Miss California is right in suing the pageant officials for discrimination.

15. Pete says:

A little behind the times, are we? This would have been funny two years ago.

16. Welly says:

Freedom of speech simply means you’re ALLOWED to say what you want without government sanction; it doesn’t protect you from the consequences of those actions. This is a misunderstanding I often see used, especially by the right. If you advocate bigotry, civil libertarian types aren’t being hypocritical to treat you like a bigot, even if your bigotry is popular, or theologically based. There is no moral obligation to be tolerant of intolerance.

That said, her answer was concise and intelligible. Really, the opposite of Miss Teen SC. And she was stating a personal, social belief. Not advocating legal policy, and I’m sure we’d all be reasonable and torn over this if that we her answer to, say, “Do you think mixed race couples should be allowed to wed?”

17. Welly says:

“was her answer to,” rather. my bad.

18. Rick says:

The reference is to Miss Teen South Carolina’s remarks two years ago:

When asked about a poll that showed 20 percent of American students couldn’t locate the United States on a map, this is what Miss South Carolina said two years ago in the Miss Teen USA pageant:

“I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, people out there in our nation don’t have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the US should help the US, uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our…”