The foreclosure people drank it all weeks ago.

This entry was posted in booze, expectations. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The foreclosure people drank it all weeks ago.

1. Tom Rod says:

Not sure how “Mormon” relates?

2. David says:

Tom: Mormons aren’t allowed to drink, but they are expected to visit each other frequently.

3. Charles says:

The person with depression has more alcohol than the entire celebration.

4. Chaz says:

It’s easier to get enough alcohol for everyone than it is to get enough to cure depression, so I think it’s pretty accurate. Besides, you certainly have less if everyone’s around to drink it all for you.

5. Evan says:

Mormons choose not to drink and visit others by choice. You make them sound enslaved, David.

6. Stephen says:

We went through a financial tightness, not foreclosure, mind you. So the same day that something bad happened in our social circle a couple of Mormons showed up. So the Mormon reference totally works for me.

7. Josh says:

Hehe I’m a Mormon, and I think this one’s great! Always loving these Jessica, keep it up.

8. iratecat says:

heard a joke once.
    “how do you keep a mormon from drinking your beer on fishing trips?
    bring two. one mormon guy will drink your beer, but two mormon guys will look at each other and not drink anything.”

9. Pingback: Indexed » Blog Archive » The foreclosure people drank it all weeks … | Free Foreclosure Doctor

10. Chaz says:

@iratecat: Hah! That is pretty amusing, even if a bit off-color (just in case those HR people from a few cards back are still lurking…)

11. Pingback: Company « The Kirwans

12. Keenan says:

I love this blog. Nice intellectual laughs. The mormon dig from Iratecat is a bit disappointing really. But this one is hilarious. What can i say? We mormons have a lot of friends. I’m not complaining.

13. rei.lento says:

I wonder what do depressed mormons do…

14. It could always be worse says:

Mormons don’t get depressed :P
    Loosen up Keenan, that’s actually pretty funny. Best way to increase the stigma surrounding our religion is to act all hurt when people make a joke that HUMANISES us. It might not be true of the majority, but I’m sure there’s more than a few of whom it is.

15. Jenn says:

I have to agree with “it could always be works” Good point! I’m Mormon and I don’t drink and I visit people often. I love this one.

16. marcus says:

@iratecat, the joke is why don’t you take just one Mormon fishing? He’ll drink all your beer.
    (Mormon, first heard the joke in Elder’s quorum, told by a member of the bishopric).

Along that line, the chart could also be interpreted to mean, Mormon’s get rid of all the booze when they’re expecting company.

17. Johnson says: