Live up to them or you won’t live it down.

This entry was posted in arrogance, expectations. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Live up to them or you won’t live it down.

1. Jane says:

hopefully we get some shrugs in the next 4 years!

2. Jack says:

Hopefully.
    I didn’t vote for him but I hope he does well.

3. Chaz says:

I’ll be shocked if we do.

He’s still a politician, and he’s still going to lie, cheat, and steal with his power. I can promise that.

4. Pat says:

I don’t know if Obama will “lie, cheat, and steal”, but I do agree that the obamamania has gotten way out of proportions…(I also voted for him)

“He’s still a politician, and he’s still going to lie, cheat, and steal with his power.”

What’s your point?

6. Will B says:

I’m going to miss W :-(

7. Pyran says:

I might too. But I’ve got a second shoe.

8. jane says:

aw shucks. jist pick yourself up and dust yourself off.

9. Justin says:

Wait, this was about Obama?

10. Mason says:

@Justin

No, but we made it that way.

11. catch says:

It definitely applies to Obama, and the title definitely points the reader in that direction, but it also applies to many other instances in life.

12. Nick says:

I also agree that Obamania is a little beyond reason, but I think it is understandable given how little attention was paid to science, reason, and humanity in the last administration. We don’t need to love him right now, but at the very least, I think we should be watching his administration to see if they succeed as well as use the tools of openness they have provided to give feedback. If we do this, I think we could have a very significant shift in how politics will need to be conducted in the future in order to make the people happy. That alone would be a major success in the building of this country’s institutions and morale.

13. Brooks says:

Sounds like this was inspired by the restaurant wars on “Top Chef”… an annual competition with it’s own set of expectations from us fans of the show.
    Interesting how everything is now seen through the Obama prism.

14. Dale says:

If you’re going to represent the last several years on this graph you’re going to need to extend “Results” into the negatives.

Here’s hoping we can at least stay above the axis for a while.

15. Phil says:

On the card, I’d replace “fast food” with another “sh” word: sh*t.

In any industry, when you have low expectations and poor results, eveyone would agree you’ve wound up with sh*t.

16. Pingback: Blog Addictions « dubiety

17. fat girl says:

“On that note, Obama is not a damn messiah. Damn, people, grow a brain. I’m a leftist and I think the hype he’s built up is so out of proportion that ANY result will be a failure.”

good lord! so much anger…chillax.

18. Pingback: Expectations vs Results « mY sPACE