Be careful out there.

This entry was posted in optimism. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Be careful out there.

Where did this damn “country fried” come from? It’s “chicken fried,” people!

The missing xy point – Dec 24th.

3. Matt says:

Jessica – you needs a point where x=0 and way up the y-axis for Seattle. No salt is used there during snow storms (like now, those morons), which gives everyone high blood pressure on the road….

4. Catloops says:

It’s country fried here in South Carolina. I didn’t hear chicken fried until I went to Texas. We don’t use salt on the roads either, but that’s just a matter of economics. (Sand will do the time or two we actually see a flake or two.) Merry Christmas!

5. Geek says:

They don’t use salt in Europe either, they just teach people how to drive properly on icy roads. Safer drivers and less rust.

6. tudza says:

Geek,

Doesn’t matter how “safe” a driver you are, no traction = no traction. I expect the European “we don’t salt, we drive safe” is just as big an excuse as the Seattle reasons for not using salt. The truth I suspect is that salt is much more expensive than sand.

Catloop, sand will do until you get a freakish amount of snow that is allowed to freeze on the streets. Seattle quite rightly decided not to spend lots of money on this sort of road support, but the weird weather has bitten them on the ass.

7. Linda says:

I agree with Matt– no salt (or plows) in seattle! It is driving the mid-westerner inside me CRAZY!! Our emergency snow plan for the city of Seattle is to stay indoors and wait for rain.

8. rallybird says:

New Delhi?, no snow only Gandhis salt

9. Louise says:

Merry Christmas, Jessica. Thanks for making me smile every morning!

10. Ghede says:

Freaky. I just popped in a chicken-fried steak microwave dinner. Waiting for it to cool, and I get a health warning right here.

11. schmeven says:

actually, we, European people do use salt.

12. MineTruly says:

Snowy roads raise MY blood pressure.

13. SoylentJillian says:

There should be a dot for high blood pressure and low salt for snowy roads.