Beverly Hills Chihuahua is #1 at the box office.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Beverly Hills Chihuahua is #1 at the box office.

1. Anonymous says:

taco bell commercial turned movie career; I won’t be seeing it. But, i have to give them their deserved credit, with sobering news every night, the release date couldn’t be any more advantageous.

2. SunOfYork says:

why that one, though?

3. Thomas says:

And only a specific kind of comedy. This is a good time for the Zucker Brothers, National Lampoon or perhaps a select classic Eddie Murphy vehicle.

Now is not so much the time for Trading Places, Royal Tennenbaums or most of the Mel Brooks catalog.

4. tudza says:

My first thought when I saw a commercial for this movie months ago was, “Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should.”

Taking into account the amount of computer rendering required you could also say:

“With great computer graphics power comes great responsibility.”

5. Anonymous says:

Actually, I heard from a very ultra conservative, christian, home-schooling, don’t-let-your-child-watch-tv kinda mom. She actually recommended this movie, for a family audience.

PC, Florida

6. The English Clergyman says:

I saw an ad for this in theatres before Prince Caspian. I had to wipe my eyes I was laughing so hard–and not in a ‘I want to see this movie’ sort of way. My brother was galvanized in his seat with horror. Groans and cries of outrage came from the audience. Mind you, this was one of the early ads that features only dancing chihuahua’s and no discernable plot atop the Mayan pyramids.

It looks awful, and is emblamatic of the drivel Hollywood is capable of producing.

7. Anonymous says:

this is hilarious. i’m gonna laugh when the economy is rad again and then ‘beverly hills cats’ tanks at the box office.

8. Anonymous says:

This movie horrifies me. The fact that it’s extremely successful makes me lose hope for humanity. Sigh. Why would you support something like that? (IMO…)

And just think how many of those people will be voting in a few weeks.

10. Parantar says:

another brilliant post

11. Mostly Coastal says:

Or it could read “chocolate”. Cadbury chocolate in UK posted a 6% gain in third quarter…much to their surprise…can you say, “Comfort Food” ;)

12. Anonymous says:

great insight about the future voters. if you bring your ticket stub from beverly hills chihuahua, your vote shouldn’t count.

13. Rebecca Kelsey says:

That is so true

14. Love the post – hehe.

15. Olivia says:

Super-Duper site! I am loving it!! Will come back again – taking you feeds also, Thanks.