On roads and online forums.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to On roads and online forums.

1. Chloe says:

How very true.

2. Stephen says:

Brilliant, as always!

3. Angry Driver says:

In personal experience, it seems to be less linear relation an more of a parabolic relation…

I guess that’s why I have to go to those anger management classes

4. stevensplinter says:

Oh, so true!

5. Anonymous says:

Road Rage Linked To Automobile Bumper Stickers

6. Anonymous says:

tru dat, i think there was hate even before cars were invented.

7. Brian B says:

Brilliant as usual.

I saw your book in the bookstore yesterday so I bought it. Yay!

8. fluidly unsure says:

From what I’ve seen the relation (no matter what the growth pattern is) relates to a feeling of superiority. Try to navigate the areas in South Orange County or Compton when you don’t know where you are going and you’ll run into people who’ve already decided you are an * and they are justified treating you like *.

9. Did You Know? says:

yeah yeah! it is true

10. Brian B says:

It’s also territorial; I just saw a story somewhere about a study finding that the people most likely to exhibit road rage are also the ones with custom rims, custom paint jobs, bumper stickers, custom interiors … “territorial markings”, one researcher called them. They carve out a private space in the public road and then get upset when they think it’s been violated.

11. Brian B says:

Update: That study is here.

12. Anonymous says:

very interesting study! lucky for me i have a buddy who subs to that site. antways, i think that jessica hit the nail on the head with this one! genius!

13. Anonymous says:

I just want to say that you have a very interesting way of visualising things, and I think I’m going to keep coming back. :)

14. fluidlyunsure says:

Re: the comments in the study.

I am not going to speed-up to please someone else. If I’m going below the the posted limit there is a reason. If I think road or car conditions warrants driving slower than the posted limit, I’m not going be bullied into being reckless. I don’t care what kind of a * others think of me.

15. Anonymous says:

re: fluidlyunsure

Fine. You have your right to go whatever speed you want. Just don’t form a rolling roadblock by driving next to someone going the exact same speed you are. Have a heart and drive in the right lane.

16. thisgirlangie says: