Boom or bust or both.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Boom or bust or both.

1. David says:

Top-right corner: Thailand.

2. queenie says:

I really like this. I wish you’d do more socio-political ones :)

3. Amrit says:

“Top-right corner: Thailand.

(Or any other big city, where utter poverty tends to live right next to utter wealth.)”

Except, Thailand is not a big city.

But you’re right; although I haven’t been to Bangkok, it would probably fit. Los Angeles, New York and Kathmandu (where I’m from) would too.

4. Jim says:

Viva La Revolution!

5. Anonymous says:

I don’t think there’d be any “top-right corner.” Assuming that “haves” and “have nots” add up to a constant that includes all things a place may or may not have, the graph would be a y=-x+b form.
    < /smartass >

6. themingway says:

I love the funny ones, but this is of a different, more serious and thought-provoking class. The have nots always outnumber the haves, so to me, the bottom right is an imaginary state (hence “illusion”). At the same time it represents where a lot of haves think they are (“delusion?”). Well done!

7. Gary Sweeten says:

As her earlier card shows, there are few have nots in America and that shows an increasingly large number of people who are anti-intellectual.

8. Joe says:

I must be stupid because I cannot see how you can have an axis with haves against have-nots. What does that mean? What does the line show? Millions demand to know.

9. bapped says:

insightful! you should definitely be a history teacher or something cuz ppl would really respond and learn well with these sorts of methods!