Tight Pants III: The Terror Expands!

This entry was posted in halloween, kids, weight. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Tight Pants III: The Terror Expands!

1. t3knomanser says:

I think that’s a little backwards. As a kid, I never bought into the razor/pins/poison bull. As an adult, I was vindicated to learn that the only recorded cases of such things involved people the child knew and trusted, often their own parents.

It seemed though, like adults were the ones afraid of poison, pins and razors in candy.

2. jean says:

I think her point here is that now, as adults, our perspectives have changed and we have a whole new set of concerns from when we were kids.

Another good one. Your brain is amazing, just amazing! Please do this forever…I want my grandchildren’s grandchildren to enjoy your wit and wisdom as much as I do!

3. t3knomanser says:

@jean:
    I understand what she was attempting to do- I just don’t think it carries from experience. The joke fails if the setup doesn’t fit to reality. This is especially true for observational humor- ie. this site.

4. Anonymous says:

lawl! my parents preached that stuff from the first halloween now i have to check the nutrition facts on everything i buy! haha awesome

5. A Paperback Writer says:

Sorry t3knomanser, for many of us, the urban legend of razor blades in apples and poisoned Halloween candy was actually taught in schools!! My mother insisted on sorting my candy before I could eat it (although I can only remember her throwing out one or two items over the years).
    I think this is an excellent fit with reality for many people. Perhaps you were “above” the pins and razor blades charade in thought, but all the kids I knew way back in the day believed it, and so did their parents.
    Now, if only we could discover that the carbs and fat are merely another urban legend and we need not fear them……
    sigh.

6. david says:

I like this one a lot.

7. jean says:

t3knomanser:
    Some things are funny even is there’s only a modicum of reality in it. Anyway, if this one didn’t float your boat, there is so much more material on this site that is outrageously funny…and thought-provoking.

Peace to you. :-)

8. Anonymous says:

mmm… candy.

9. Zot says:

Candy! I am a poor uni student, so carbs and fats and calories are good. The more the better!

10. Who got candy? Yes please.