Brace yourself.

This entry was posted in inequality, orthodontics, work. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Brace yourself.

1. Anonymous says:

Ooh, ouch! That’s… cutting!

2. Nick says:

i don’t get it. sorry could someone please explain?

3. Some guy says:

Incisors are the pointy teeth in your mouth. The implication here is the boss is a vamp ;)

4. nareshw says:

Heh or the peon is gap toothed ;)

5. Primo says:

Or the boss can afford braces and the peon can’t.

6. ACM says:

no, canines are the pointy teeth in your mouth. incisors are the four square ones you use to bite into an apple.

thus, the best I can imagine here is “buck-toothed” for the peon, or maybe he’s been punched so often that he’s got gaps. (and for sure, he never got “his two front teeth” for Christmas, or anything else that he wanted.) stretching here.

tips from the author?

7. bka says:

teeth make the man… took me a minute but I’m pretty sure that’s it – bad teeth=bad job!

8. Lucy says:

I thought it was about being bitten. All peons get bitten by their bosses, right?

uh. I’m lost. I’ll stick to gap toothed = peon at the office.

9. Leslie says:

The incisors are at the front, therefore very visible. If (see title) you never had braces as a kid, and therefore have a gap between the front teeth, you will always stay a peon, and never become a boss, therefore better brace yourself for what is in store for you. Therefore, better brace yourself with braces, otherwise you will have to brace yourself.

10. Sheila says:

I’ve got this theory that successful businessmen actually often don’t have perfect teeth because it makes them look more average, more approachable, like your buddy.
    But then once those businessmen get into serious CEO, CFO positions, some image person tells them they need to fix their teeth. Which is probably the right thing to do at a certain point…

11. Victoria says:

According to this logic, with my set of pearly whites, I can conquer the world!

12. Jimbo says:

At the 2010 Winter Olympics, I could always tell when they were showing an American at the medal ceremonies, even without seeing the team uniform, because every single one of them had “The All-American Smile (TM)”.